Epic Games have released update v6.10 for the game today. The latest update has included new Events Tab to the game.
The new event tab, allows you to participate in the tournaments, which will be bounded to certain rules and can only be accessed in a certain time frame.
But you must be wondering, how this system actually work and how can you take participate in the in-game tournaments
According to the Epic Games, it is one of the first online competition which is openly available for everyone.
Events have scheduled tournament sessions for you to play in. After you’ve selected one of the tournaments, you’ll see when the session is set to begin so you can warm up or talk strategy with your squad.”
How does Fortnite Events Tab Work ?
The tournaments of the Fortnite can be accessed by the events tab in the game, all the players will begin with same score and will compete with each other to win points in the tournament
Matchmaking of the tournament, will be based on the score, and the players with similar standings will be matched together
The players participating in the tournament, will fight for the target store and the winners will be reward with a special pin. According to the developers, pins will help the players to advance in the next round and also it may help you earn prize for future.
On which platform the Fortnite Events Tournament can be played ?
The Fortnite event tab will be available across all the platform and the best part of the open event competition is cross play facility. The players across all the respective platform will be matched up against the players on other platforms
When does Fortnite Event Tab Tournament begins ?
The Fortnite open online competitions can now be accessed in the game through the events tab.
The exact time and order of the competition available has been mentioned below
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.