Mary Poppins Returns, a Sci-Fi family fantasy film, Directed and produced by Rob Marshall and Written by David Magee. Starring Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Dick Van Dyke, Pixie Davies, Nathanael Saleh, and Joel Dawson. The film, which introduces three new Banks children, played by Pixie Davies, Nathanael Saleh and newcomer Joel Dawson, also features Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury.
Classic Disney is continuing to dig around in their vault for new movies inspired by their old movies with Mary Poppins Returns, a sequel to the 1964 live-action musical Mary Poppins that will have Emily Blunt stepping up to play the so-called nanny instead of Julie Andrews.
During depression era in London, Mary Poppins visits the now-grown Michael and Jane Banks and helps the family rediscover happiness in their During the life via her unique magical skills. Poppins arrives at Bank’s house and realizes that family lost the spark of joy due to the death of lovely Mr. Bank’s wife. To be able to bring those positive and bright emotions back, the children, as well as Mr. Bank himself, follow their nanny on the new adventures across British streets in 1935.
A Wow Factor
According to the official announcements, as well as Mary Poppins Returns teaser trailer, the film is going to be shown in all American theatres at the end of December 2018 — 54 years later after the very first one was released in 1964 which breaks the new record. This is the biggest amount of time between sequels in the whole history of cinematography.
Mary Poppins Returns Synopsis-
Mary Poppins Returns is set in 1930s Depression-era London (the time period of the original novels) and is drawn from the wealth of material in PL Travers’ additional seven books. In the story, Michael (Whishaw) and Jane (Mortimer) are now grown up, with Michael, his three children and their housekeeper, Ellen (Walters), living on Cherry Tree Lane. After Michael suffers a personal loss, the enigmatic nanny Mary Poppins (Blunt) re-enters the lives of the Banks family, and, along with the optimistic street lamplighter Jack (Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives. Mary Poppins also introduces the children to a new assortment of colourful and whimsical characters, including her eccentric cousin, Topsy (Streep).
Interesting Facts –
- British actress Emily Blunt was the one who popped up in the head of the director who had to find the perfect actress to portray magical woman – according to his opinion, Blunt was the only actress who could do that.
- This appears to be the third collaboration between Blunt and her companion Meryl Streep, as well as Marshall.
- The actress who portrayed Poppins in 1964 should have appeared as the cameo in the brand new movie. However, it was cancelled and the screenwriters brought multiple changes in the script briefly shown in new Mary Poppins Returns official trailer 2018
- The actress from 1964 sequel who got the lead female role — Julie was very happy to hear about Blunt portraying Poppins calling her very talented actress of all the times. When Blunt heard about the comment and approval on the set she started crying because it made her happy.
- Back in the previous film, Walt Disney invited Julie to portray magical woman himself but the project was put off due to her pregnancy. The same happened to Blunt when she said the director Marshall she was pregnant.
This movie will be a treat for your eyes, this Christmas i.e. December 25th, 2018.
Like this story ? Keep yourself updated with eminent feeds & news
Get in touch with us : email@example.com