Earlier No Man’s Sky received audience backlash and bad reviews from major gaming publications. But the developer Hello Games did not back down and kept on improving the game. Today, the company has released a new update for the game. The new version of the game 1.5 has been named as Next, as the developers describe the update as ” This is an important next step on our Journey”. A lot of tweak and changes has been done to enhance the in-game experience. Let’s us look below the update major details and the complete 1.5 update for No Man Sky can be found here. The new update heavily focuses on multiplayer mode, building community bases and also a new feature is a website called the Galactic Atlas.
No Man’s Sky 1.5 Update Patch Notes
In-Game Community Content
• Soon after the release of No Man’s Sky NEXT, Hello Games has planned its first season of weekly content and community events.
• This will be free for all players, with no microtransactions. Take part in these community missions to unlock new rewards and customisations.
• Players will also be able to interact with Xbox One Mixer streamers by helping or hindering their gameplay.
Galactic Atlas Website
• NEXT marks the launch of a new website dedicated to the community, which we’re calling the Galactic Atlas.
• The site features points of interest in the No Man’s Sky Euclid Galaxy, and will grow in functionality and expand over time, in part through your feedback.
• Key Regional Hubs are marked, with discovery statistics and community events appearing soon.
Crafting and Resources (No Man’s Sky 1.5 Update Patch Notes)
• All core substances and resources have been reworked and rebalanced to increase consistency and realism.
• Planetary resources have been expanded, with unique substances and items to find and refine based on the planet’s biome and weather, as well as stellar classification.
• Deployable tech can be picked up and carried in your inventory.
• Crafting is deeper with the addition of buildable refiners. Convert raw substances into more valuable materials for constructing advanced products and base parts.
• Experiment with refiner recipes to discover all the possibilities
• Discover unique procedurally generated technology to upgrade your Exosuit, Multi-Tool and Starships.
MISSIONS AND STRUCTURE (No Man’s Sky 1.5 Update Patch Notes)
- The opening section of the game has been overhauled, introducing new story elements and an early taste of advanced gameplay features, as well as a new mission chain for players with bases.
- Envoys in Space Stations offer rewards and tributes to high-ranking members of their Guilds.
- Mission types have been expanded, with photography, feeding, freighter attack and defense, archaeology, and specialized hunting missions now available.
Exploration, Fauna, and Flora (No Man’s Sky 1.5 Update Patch Notes)
• Find and excavate buried ruins with the Terrain Manipulator to unearth locked ancient treasures.
• Use the Terrain Manipulator to locate buried technology modules and turn the salvaged components into new base parts with the Blueprint Analyser.
• Some creature types will herd together, grazing and fleeing from danger as a group.
• Creatures now respond more enthusiastically to being fed, recognizing you as a friend and alerting nearby creatures to the food source.
• Creature movements now appear more natural and intelligent, with improved AI and entirely revamped animations.
• Sentinel behaviors and animations have been improved. Players can stand their ground in combat, or take advantage of the time between reinforcement waves to escape and find a place to avoid Drone scans and searches.
A lot of other huge changes has been made in the graphics and UI department, to check the patch notes in detail follow the No Man Sky’s website. Also, the character customization has been added in this update.