HP Omen has been associated with ESL India ( Electronic Sports League ) for quite a while. Recently, the PUBG Corp has teamed up with HP and announced the PUBG Omen by HP Challenger Series 2018.The tournament will be held in the countries including Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, India, Korea, Australia and New Zealand. The tournament has been divided into two respective categories – Amateur and Influencer.
The total pool prize for PUBG HP Omen Challenger Series is $50,000 ( 35 lacs )
PUBG Omen by HP Challenger Series 2018 Start Date
This tournament will commence from September 15th with online qualifiers as the part of the initial stage.
PUBG Omen by HP Challenger Series 2018 Registrations
The registrations for the event are now open and interested players can visit the HP Omen website for taking the part in online qualifiers starting from 15th September.
Total of 80 amateur teams of 4 will take part in the country qualifiers and it will be streamed via local streaming studios. Total of 40 teams will compete in the amateur and influencer categories.
Also Read: PUBG Mobile Tips and Tricks & Ultimate Guide
Two PUBG influencers from each country will be invited to form a team of 4 members to take part in the Grand Finals which will take place at Commart Bangkok, Thailand. The grand finals for the event will take place from November 2-4, 2018.
PUBG Omen by HP Challenger Series 2018 Registration Link
|New Zealand||14th to 16th Sept||Registration Link|
|Malaysia||15th to 16th Sept||Registration Link|
|China||22nd to 23rd Sept||Registration Link|
|Singapore||22nd to 23rd Sept||Registration Link|
|Japan||29th to 30th Sept||Registration Link|
|Australia||6th to 7th Oct||Registration Link|
|South Korea||6th to 7th Oct||Registration Link|
|India||6th to 7th Oct||Registration Link|
|Philippines||13th to 14th Oct||Registration Link|
|Indonesia||13th to 14th Oct||Registration Link|
|Thailand||20th to 21st Oct||Registration Link|
The Online Qualifiers will follow the official PUBG scoring algorithm. The Online Qualifier is broken down into 3 phases:
- Preliminary Qualifier Stage
- Qualifying Stage
- Main Event
Preliminary Qualifier Stage
The Preliminary Qualifier Stage has 4 check-in slots. Each slot will be capped to 20 squads only. 3 rounds will be played per slot. The top 5 teams from each slot will secure their slot for the Qualifying Stage.
* This is subject to change depending on the number of registered teams.
6 rounds will be played in the qualifying stage. Teams will qualify depending on the countries’ slot allocation.
Conditions and Guidelines
- Each squad can consist of a maximum of FOUR players
- ONE stand-in is allowed in the tournament
- 3 players on the main roster must be from the same country (i.e. a citizen or legal residents) as the country qualifier
- Professional players are not allowed to participate in this tournament as per guidelines set by PUBG Corp.
- Qualified teams must have valid travel documents (i.e. passport/travel visa) to travel to Thailand for the main event.
- Battle Perspective: First Person Perspective Mode (FPP)
- Scoring: Ranks and Kills – teams will earn base points for their ranks and additional points for kills
- Event Maps: Erangel and Miramar
Prize money distribution
Qualifier Prize Distribution.
|Position||Prize Money (USD)|
|1st Runner Up||200|
Main Event Prize Distribution
|Position||Prize Money (USD)|
|1st Runner Up||10,000|
|2nd Runner Up||5,000|
More details regarding the rules and tournament can be found here